Wedding themes can turn an average wedding into a spectacular event. From simple to extravagant, wedding themes can make your wedding a soiree that your guests will remember for a long time.
A wedding theme is incorporated into all aspects of your wedding including invitations, reception decorations, favors and sometimes even wedding attire. You can even plan your reception menu around a wedding theme.
Why should you choose a theme for your wedding?
Top three reasons to choose a wedding theme:
1) Themes set your wedding apart from others by letting you showcase your creativity.
2) Weddings are more fun and exciting to plan when there is a theme involved.
3) Theme weddings are more entertaining for guests, and they are sure to remember how much fun they had.
Once you decide to incorporate a theme into your wedding, the next step is choosing what type of theme to go with. When you picture your wedding, what themes come to mind?
- Seasonal wedding themes, such as Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer, allow you to incorporate seasonal ideas into your wedding. For example, when you think of Fall leaves, pumpkins and apples come to mind. Use a maple wood save-the-date to match a warm sandy summer theme, cherry wood for a bright Fall theme or blue pine wood for a colorful Spring theme; or incorporate acrylic invitations to set the mood for your frosty magical Winter wedding.
- Christmas weddings get everyone into the holiday spirit, and you may even be able to take advantage of your reception location’s holiday decorations. Our frosted clear acrylic invitations or elegant engraved mahogany wood invitations make the perfect wedding announcement for this time of year.
- Medieval wedding themes offer you the opportunity dress in garb in addition to decorating your reception site. You can even choose to get married in a castle to make it more authentic. What better way to match this theme than a custom engraved crest onto your wooden invites?
- What better place to get married than on a beach? Beach wedding ideas are fun, laid-back and offer many different theme possibilities including seashells, pirates and lighthouses. Our maple wood is the prefect sandy natural color for a beach theme.
- Western wedding themes are the perfect fit if you are into country music, cowboys or line dancing. What more can we say than engraved cherry wood invitations that start with “WANTED:,” or save-the-dates with cowboy boots?
- For the sports-minded bride and groom, consider incorporating a sport like golf or your favorite team into your wedding. Use your teams colors in your invitations, printed to wood for a much more interesting and memorable invitation than printing to paper.
Although a theme is not a requirement for a great wedding, there are many good reasons for having one. If you are creative, have the motivation and really want to wow your guests, consider incorporating a theme into your big day; and set the mood for your theme with creative and unique save-the-dates and invitations!